[Kea-users] Address reservation with IP address given by DNS

[Kea-users] Address reservation with IP address given by DNS

oyama
Hello,

I would like to assign IP address given by other domain name system (bind9)
in the address reservation mechanism, instead of writing IP address itself.
Probably description might look like:

 "reservations": [
        { "hw-address": "AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF,
           "hostname": "host1",
           "ip-address": "host1"
        }
 ]

where I expect host1 given to ip-address will be replaced by ip-address that
can be obtained by

 > host host1

command. If this is possible, I don't need to write the same IP
address in both bind and dhcp configuration files.
In isc-dhcp it was simply possible with folloing line:

 host host1 { hardware ethernet AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF; fixed-address host1; }

Can we do the same in kea-dhcp4?

best,
Ken

--
Sent from: http://kea-users.7364.n8.nabble.com/

Re: [Kea-users] Address reservation with IP address given by DNS

Francis Dupont
oyama writes:
> I would like to assign IP address given by other domain name system (bind9)
> in the address reservation mechanism, instead of writing IP address itself.

=> this feature is not supported by Kea and IMHO it will never be as
there are too many ways to get it wrong.

PS: I suggest to use a text processor as m4 to expand values in config files
from the same database.

Re: [Kea-users] Address reservation with IP address given by DNS

oyama
Hello,

> => this feature is not supported by Kea and IMHO it will never be as
> there are too many ways to get it wrong.

Ok, thanks a lot for quick answer and advice.

best,
Ken

--
Sent from: http://kea-users.7364.n8.nabble.com/