[Kea-users] Assigning IP to TOR Switch

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan
I'm trying to assign IP for a Cisco TOR Switch Nexus 3K via Kea. I'm supplying option-parameters like TFTP Server, Routers, boot file name, etc as specified here as mandatory params. Even after changing the options multiple times, I'm getting

POAP Failure - No valid DHCP OFFERs received

Do we need to do something specific to assign IP to Switches in Kea?

Thanks,
Gokul

Re: [Kea-users] Assigning IP to TOR Switch

Francis Dupont
Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan writes:
> Nexus 3K via Kea. I'm supplying option-parameters like TFTP Server,
> Routers, boot file name, etc as specified here

=> boot file name can be a bootp field or an option. The Cisco document
says option 67 so it should be the option. I can't see other detail
which it is (too) easy to get wrong. I recommend to use wireshark or
tcpdump to inspect packets on the wire, in particular the PRL in
the discover and options in the offer.

PS: option 150 got multiple definitions in the past so is *not* a standard
option in Kea (or ISC DHCP): if you want to use it you have to define it
(easy as it is an ipv4-address array).