[Kea-users] Building Kea with C++11 compiler in Centos6

[Kea-users] Building Kea with C++11 compiler in Centos6

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan
I'm building Kea in Centos6 box, where C++11 compiler doesn't come as default with OS. So, I installed devtoolset as mentioned in https://hiltmon.com/blog/2015/08/09/c-plus-plus-11-on-centos-6-dot-6/

As per the blog, after installing devtoolset we have to enable C++11 compiler by using scl enable devtoolset-2 bash command. Then './configure, make, make install' for Kea would work.

In my local Centos 6 box, this works well. But in my build machine scl enable devtoolset-2 bash  command doesn't work due to some limitations. Anyways, devtoolset is installed.

Is there any other way to specify C++11 compiler to build Kea?

Thanks,
Gokul

Re: [Kea-users] Building Kea with C++11 compiler in Centos6

Tomek Mrugalski
W dniu 31.08.2017 o 20:15, Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan pisze:

> I'm building Kea in Centos6 box, where C++11 compiler doesn't come as
> default with OS. So, I installed devtoolset as mentioned
> in https://hiltmon.com/blog/2015/08/09/c-plus-plus-11-on-centos-6-dot-6/
>
> As per the blog, after installing devtoolset we have to enable C++11
> compiler by using scl enable devtoolset-2 bash command. Then
> './configure, make, make install' for Kea would work.
>
> In my local Centos 6 box, this works well. But in my build
> machine scl enable devtoolset-2 bash  command doesn't work due to some
> limitations. Anyways, devtoolset is installed.
>
> Is there any other way to specify C++11 compiler to build Kea?
Yes, there is. You can set CXX variable. For example:

CXX=g++-6 ./configure

If you need any extra flags, you can set CXXFLAGS the same way.

There's a wiki page describing Kea installation on various systems. We
do have one for CentOS 7, but not for 6. Would you be willing to write one?

Thanks,
Tomek