[Kea-users] Changing DSCP field in IPv4

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan
While sending DHCP Offer, Kea is sending DSCP field in IPV4 as 4 (0001 00) which is Unknown. I'd like to set that field as 0 (default: CS0). Can someone help me in setting DSCP field as 0?

Thanks,
Gokul

Re: [Kea-users] Changing DSCP field in IPv4

Steve Teusch

Gokul,

When you set the value:

"dhcp-socket-type": "udp"

CS0 will be set.

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan writes:
> While sending DHCP Offer, Kea is sending DSCP field
> <http://bogpeople.com/networking/dscp.shtml> in IPV4 as 4 (0001 00) which
> is Unknown. I'd like to set that field as 0 (default: CS0). Can someone
> help me in setting DSCP field as 0?

=> which system? The code sets the field to IPTOS_LOWDELAY for BPF & co,
and does not touch it for UDP (DHCPv6 default, DHCPv4 when dhcp socket
type is configured). This does not seem crazy and for sure should not
raise any problem...

PS: ISC DHCP does exactly the same (I suspect the Kea code was just
adapted from it: does not change something which was proved to work).

Re: [Kea-users] Changing DSCP field in IPv4

Gokulakrishnan Gopalakrishnan
Thanks Steve. Setting it to "dhcp-socket-type": "udp" worked

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Steve Teusch <[hidden email]> wrote:

Gokul,

When you set the value:

"dhcp-socket-type": "udp"

CS0 will be set.