[Kea-users] Configuring containerized kea / postgres

[Kea-users] Configuring containerized kea / postgres

Toby Walsh
Hi list,

I'm building a docker image of kea 1.2.0. I want to run it in one container and hook it up to postgres running in another container. Without digging too deep into the code it seems that's not possible? Can someone confirm? I don't want to pull postgres into the kea container and conceptually I think I shouldn't have to so it would be great if there were a way to decouple them but still tell kea at configure time that I want to use postgres ...

Thanks,
Toby

Re: [Kea-users] Configuring containerized kea / postgres

Steve Teusch

It should just be the standard config entry for pgsql:

// 3. PostgreSQL backend. Leases will be stored in PostgreSQL database. Make

// sure it is up, running and properly initialized. See kea-admin documentation

// for details on how to initialize the database. The only strictly required

// parameters are type and name. If other parameters are not specified,

// Kea will assume the database is available on localhost, that user and

// password is not necessary to connect and that timeout is 5 seconds.

// Kea must be compiled with --with-dhcp-pgsql option to use this backend.

//  "lease-database": {

//      "type": "pgsql",

//      "name": "keatest",

//      "host": "localhost",

//      "port": 5432,

//      "user": "keatest",

//      "password": "secret1",

//      "connect-timeout": 3

//  },

Just change localhost to the IP of your database.