[Kea-users] DHCP4 Relay Information source

[Kea-users] DHCP4 Relay Information source

Rui Pedro Caldeira
Hello again, I came across a doubt when deploying kea in my test network.

I defined a subnet like the example below, and I declared the relay agent for the network (marked in bold). My question is which field of the packet does kea use to match against the relay agent IP I declared in my configuration file [the remote ID field of the option 82, The Source IP from where the packet was received (probably the IP address of the relay), ...].

Could you help me? Thank you,
Rui

-----//-------

    "subnet4": [
      {
        "option-data": [
          {
            "name": "routers",
            "code": 3,
            "space": "dhcp4",
            "csv-format": true,
            "data": ""
          }
        ],
        "reservations": [
          {
            "circuit-id": "",
            "ip-address": ""
          }
        ],
        "subnet": "",
        "relay": {
          "ip-address": "192.1.25.206"
        }
      }
    ]
  },

Re: [Kea-users] DHCP4 Relay Information source

Jason Guy
Hi Rui,

This should match the GI-addr field, set by the relay agent.

Cheers,
Jason

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Rui Pedro Caldeira <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I don't fully understand your question but DHCPv4 messages have a field
to carry the relay address (aka giaddr).

Re: [Kea-users] DHCP4 Relay Information source

Rui Pedro Caldeira
Hello all and thank you for the fast response. It was very helpfull :)

So what i'm understanding is that kea only looks to the circuit id part of the option 82 ignoring the remote id part, am i correct?

Best regards,
Rui