[Kea-users] DUID host reservations

Rui Pedro Caldeira
Good morning, I noticed that Kea is able to make host reservations based on DUID? I'm wondering if this DUID is based on option 97? If not what it is based on?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Rui

Re: [Kea-users] DUID host reservations

Thomas Markwalder
Hello:

The DUID comes from the Client Identifier option,  option #1:

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering

On 04/02/2018 04:15 AM, Rui Pedro Caldeira wrote:
Good morning, I noticed that Kea is able to make host reservations based on DUID? I'm wondering if this DUID is based on option 97? If not what it is based on?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Rui

Re: [Kea-users] DUID host reservations

Rui Pedro Caldeira
Hello Thomas and thank you for the fast reply. But I have a doubt if duid is based on client identifier, the client-id option is based on what? (attach image for context)

Thank you again and best regards,
Rui

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Thomas Markwalder <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello:

The DUID comes from the Client Identifier option,  option #1:

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering

On 04/02/2018 04:15 AM, Rui Pedro Caldeira wrote:
Good morning, I noticed that Kea is able to make host reservations based on DUID? I'm wondering if this DUID is based on option 97? If not what it is based on?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Rui

Re: [Kea-users] DUID host reservations

Thomas Markwalder
client-id is the DHCPv4 option codd #61, RFC 2132  (see section 9.14)

duid is the DHCPv6 option, option code #1, RFC 3315 as cited earlier

On 04/02/2018 07:07 AM, Rui Pedro Caldeira wrote:
Hello Thomas and thank you for the fast reply. But I have a doubt if duid is based on client identifier, the client-id option is based on what? (attach image for context)

Thank you again and best regards,
Rui

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Thomas Markwalder <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello:

The DUID comes from the Client Identifier option,  option #1:

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering

On 04/02/2018 04:15 AM, Rui Pedro Caldeira wrote:
Good morning, I noticed that Kea is able to make host reservations based on DUID? I'm wondering if this DUID is based on option 97? If not what it is based on?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Rui

Re: [Kea-users] DUID host reservations

Francis Dupont
I'd like to add something: for DHCPv4 the DUID indentifier is from
a client-id following the RFC 4361, i.e. the document which provides
the standard way to get a stable identifier DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 for
a dual stack client. Extremely useful if you are and will be in
this situation...