[Kea-users] Deleted subnet not picked up by config-reload API command

[Kea-users] Deleted subnet not picked up by config-reload API command

Emile Swarts
Hi,

I have a KEA server which polls for a new configuration file every 5 minutes.
It reloads the configuration by sending the 'config-reload' command to the API.

This does not seem to be reloading the subnets defined in the configuration file. I removed a subnet, but still able to lease IPs from it with perfdhcp from a remote site.

Should this be the case? Is there another command that needs to be run for KEA to pick up the deleted subnet changes in the configuration file?

Thanks,
Emile

Re: [Kea-users] Deleted subnet not picked up by config-reload API command

Chad Catlett
On 1/13/21 10:30, Emile Swarts wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a KEA server which polls for a new configuration file every 5
> minutes.
> It reloads the configuration by sending the 'config-reload' command to
> the API.
>
> This does not seem to be reloading the subnets defined in the
> configuration file. I removed a subnet, but still able to lease IPs
> from it with perfdhcp from a remote site.
>
> Should this be the case? Is there another command that needs to be run
> for KEA to pick up the deleted subnet changes in the configuration file?
>
> The command can be seen here:
> https://github.com/ministryofjustice/staff-device-dhcp-server/blob/main/dhcp-service/bootstrap.sh#L66
> <https://github.com/ministryofjustice/staff-device-dhcp-server/blob/main/dhcp-service/bootstrap.sh#L66>
>
> Thanks,
> Emile

Emile,

I'm fairly certain you need to tell the control agent which service to
route the config-reload to.

An example with pretty formatted json:

<snippet>
{