[Kea-users] Dhcpv6 with mysql (revision_id)

[Kea-users] Dhcpv6 with mysql (revision_id)

João Butzke

Hi, im trying to insert a new dhcp6_subnet on the kea database, im getting this error:

The procedures and triggers are created on the mysql server, any ideias?

Best regards,

Joao Butzke

Re: [Kea-users] Dhcpv6 with mysql (revision_id)

Tomek Mrugalski-2
On 10.03.2021 15:48, João Butzke wrote:
> Hi, im trying to insert a new dhcp6_subnet on the kea database, im
> getting this error: ...
>
> The procedures and triggers are created on the mysql server, any ideias?
The schema for config backend is complicated, because it was designed
for Kea to be able to retrieve incremental updates efficiently, e.g.
when you have 1000 subnets configured, adding another one should be
fast. The unfortunate side effect is that it's tricky if you're trying
to fiddle with the DB manually.

There's a cb_cmds hook that makes it very easy to use. Yes, it's a paid
hook. API details here:
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-1.8.2/arm/hooks.html#cb-cmds-configuration-backend-commands

Tomek

Re: [Kea-users] Dhcpv6 with mysql (revision_id)

Jeronimo
HI Tomek,

how can I buy cb_cmds? Is there a way to education institute to buy these hook?

Thanks,

Jeronimo

Em qui., 11 de mar. de 2021 às 14:53, Tomek Mrugalski <[hidden email]> escreveu:
On 10.03.2021 15:48, João Butzke wrote:
> Hi, im trying to insert a new dhcp6_subnet on the kea database, im
> getting this error: ...
>
> The procedures and triggers are created on the mysql server, any ideias?
The schema for config backend is complicated, because it was designed
for Kea to be able to retrieve incremental updates efficiently, e.g.
when you have 1000 subnets configured, adding another one should be
fast. The unfortunate side effect is that it's tricky if you're trying
to fiddle with the DB manually.

There's a cb_cmds hook that makes it very easy to use. Yes, it's a paid
hook. API details here:
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-1.8.2/arm/hooks.html#cb-cmds-configuration-backend-commands

Tomek

Re: [Kea-users] Dhcpv6 with mysql (revision_id)

vicky risk
Administrator

On Mar 11, 2021, at 10:05 AM, Jeronimo <[hidden email]> wrote:

HI Tomek,

how can I buy cb_cmds? Is there a way to education institute to buy these hook?

Thanks,

Jeronimo

Hi Jeronimo,

If you only want cb-cmds, you can buy it online here:

https://www.isc.org/shop/

Vicky