[Kea-users] Examples of how to run perfdhcp?

[Kea-users] Examples of how to run perfdhcp?

Parkin, Richard (R.)

Can anyone point me to examples of how to run perfdhcp?  The man page doesn’t give any.  I need to be able to stress test some dhcpv4 servers and simulate multiple clients with renew and release.  If ‘-R num-clients’ is specified, do you still need to provide either -b or -M options to specify MAC addresses or are they autogenerated?  Or is there a better way to do this?

--

Rich Parkin

DDI Planner (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)

ITHQ-B 4AD18

(313) 845-5454

Re: [Kea-users] Examples of how to run perfdhcp?

Bob Harold

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 9:46 AM Parkin, Richard (R.) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can anyone point me to examples of how to run perfdhcp?  The man page doesn’t give any.  I need to be able to stress test some dhcpv4 servers and simulate multiple clients with renew and release.  If ‘-R num-clients’ is specified, do you still need to provide either -b or -M options to specify MAC addresses or are they autogenerated?  Or is there a better way to do this?

--

Rich Parkin

DDI Planner (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)

ITHQ-B 4AD18