[Kea-users] HA: Which server "owns" the lease

[Kea-users] HA: Which server "owns" the lease

Bjørn Skovlund
Hi,

Is it possible to query the servers and see who's active for what leases?

We had a problem with one of two HA servers and we needed to find out exactly which clients were hit - I ended up digging through logs, but it would be handy if there's an easier way to find out. The results of lease4-get is the same from both servers, so this didn't help much.

Best, Bjørn

Re: [Kea-users] HA: Which server "owns" the lease

Marcin Siodelski
Hello Bjørn,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Kea doesn't store the
identifier of the server which allocated the particular lease.
Currently, the only way to find out which server has allocated the lease
is by parsing the logs, as you did.

The feature you're asking for may actually be useful for diagnostics, so
I would like to encourage you to create the Gitlab issue for it and we
will discuss this within the team members on our regular meeting.

See: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea

Kind Regards,

Marcin Siodelski
ISC Engineering