[Kea-users] Host reservation by hw-address AND circuit-id. Not supported?

[Kea-users] Host reservation by hw-address AND circuit-id. Not supported?

Charles
*Why we are using KEA*

We are a small organisation supporting a campus area network including
LANs connected to the core network via NATting routers.  DHCP clients
include portable devices which can connect via any one of several LANs.

We have a policy of fixed address lease reservations by hardware
address.  No pools.

We believed ISC DHCP Server could not support that scenario (maybe it
can: http://www.miquels.cistron.nl/isc-dhcpd) so we started with KEA.

We hoped KEA would support giving an IP address specific to the
circuit-id (set by the DHCP relay a.k.a IP helper for each LAN) AND to
the client's hardware address.

*The question*

Do I rightly understand that KEA can do host reservation by hw-address
OR circuit-id but not both?

Best

Charles
For Aurinoco Systems

Re: [Kea-users] Host reservation by hw-address AND circuit-id. Not supported?

Marcin Siodelski
Hi Charles,

Thank you for your inquiry and using Kea. Standard Kea server doesn't
support combined host reservation identifiers such as those consisting
of circuit-id and hw-address. However, we provide a set of hook
libraries (plugins) to Kea for purchase (and to our support customers),
which include "Flexible Identifier" library. This library allows for
specifying an expression which constitutes your custom host identifier
from almost any part of the DHCP message, e.g. circuit-id and hw-address.

Please visit:

https://www.isc.org/product/kea-premium-hook-library-kea-1-3-package/

for more details about our premium products.

The following section of the Kea User's Guide describes the
configuration of the flex-id library:

http://kea.isc.org/docs/kea-guide.html#flex-id

Kind Regards,

Marcin Siodelski