[Kea-users] How to disable dhcp6?

Nicolas
Hello,

Long time dhcpd user, I'm discovering Kea and Stork.
I'm starting with a single server hosting dhcp4 and Stork.

As I'm not using dhcp6, I thought I was right to remove the sockets
definition for dhcp6 from /etc/kea/kea-ctrl-agent.conf
Now, Stork agent is complaining :
"problem with connecting to dhcp daemon: unable to forward command to
the dhcp6 service: No such file or directory."

Neither on Stork agent or server, nor in the web gui, I found no place
to explain Stork to stop worrying about any missing dhcp6 setup, as I
want none.

If there's no way to prevent this, must I set up a dhcp6 server which
will refuse every query?

--
Nicolas ECARNOT

Re: [Kea-users] How to disable dhcp6?

Norberto Nuñez
Hello Nicolas.
You can run DHCP6 service without pool declaration in subnets, and in addition you can filter DHCPv6 rquests in your firewall infrastructure or Netfilter (iptables) in Linux server case.
Kind regards.
                       Norberto Isaac Núñez
Ingeniería de servicios de valor agregado, Núcleo S.A.
Máximo Lira n° 522, Asunción.
Tel.: +595212199396, +595971577190
eMail: [hidden email]
Web: https://www.personal.com.py

Long time dhcpd user, I'm discovering Kea and Stork.
I'm starting with a single server hosting dhcp4 and Stork.

As I'm not using dhcp6, I thought I was right to remove the sockets definition for dhcp6 from /etc/kea/kea-ctrl-agent.conf Now, Stork agent is complaining :
"problem with connecting to dhcp daemon: unable to forward command to the dhcp6 service: No such file or directory."

Neither on Stork agent or server, nor in the web gui, I found no place to explain Stork to stop worrying about any missing dhcp6 setup, as I want none.

If there's no way to prevent this, must I set up a dhcp6 server which will refuse every query?

--
Nicolas ECARNOT

________________________________

AVISO LEGAL: Esta información es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario original de este mensaje y por este medio pudo acceder a dicha información por favor elimine el mensaje. La distribución o copia de este mensaje está estrictamente prohibida. Esta comunicación es sólo para propósitos de información y no debe ser considerada como propuesta, aceptación ni como una declaración de voluntad oficial de NUCLEO S.A. La transmisión de e-mails no garantiza que el correo electrónico sea seguro o libre de error. Por consiguiente, no manifestamos que esta información sea completa o precisa. Toda información está sujeta a alterarse sin previo aviso.

This information is private and confidential and intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only and shall not be regarded neither as a proposal, acceptance nor as a statement of will or official statement from NUCLEO S.A. . Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice.

Re: [Kea-users] How to disable dhcp6?

Cristian Lemnaru

please edit in this file : /usr/local/etc/kea/keactrl.conf

the following field: dhcp6

the result should be like this :

# Start DHCPv6 server?
dhcp6=no

save file, and then restart

#keactrl restart

Best regards,

On 12/2/20 5:36 PM, Nicolas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Long time dhcpd user, I'm discovering Kea and Stork.
> I'm starting with a single server hosting dhcp4 and Stork.
>
> As I'm not using dhcp6, I thought I was right to remove the sockets
> definition for dhcp6 from /etc/kea/kea-ctrl-agent.conf
> Now, Stork agent is complaining :
> "problem with connecting to dhcp daemon: unable to forward command to
> the dhcp6 service: No such file or directory."
>
> Neither on Stork agent or server, nor in the web gui, I found no place
> to explain Stork to stop worrying about any missing dhcp6 setup, as I
> want none.
>
> If there's no way to prevent this, must I set up a dhcp6 server which
> will refuse every query?

Re: [Kea-users] How to disable dhcp6?

Nicolas
Hello,

This server is a Debian 10, and I installed the repo then the packages

So there is no keactrl (as stated in the doc, as systemctl does the
same), thus there neither is no /usr/local/etc/kea directory.

Might some Stork dev answer please?

--
Nicolas

--