[Kea-users] IP Reservation for Client-Class

[Kea-users] IP Reservation for Client-Class

Phoebe Lee
Wondering if there's a method of creating a reservation of a single IP based on client-classes instead of a pool.

Thank you!

Re: [Kea-users] IP Reservation for Client-Class

Francis Dupont
Phoebe Lee writes:
> Wondering if there's a method of creating a reservation of a single IP
> based on client-classes instead of a pool.

=> I don't understand your question but in 1.4 you can guard a pool
with a client-class, i.e. only the client-class members can get an
address from the pool.

Re: [Kea-users] IP Reservation for Client-Class

Phoebe Lee
Sorry for bad wording!
I'd like to have 1 IP reservation for a client-class that will only have 1 client in the class. Not sure if its possible.

I'm trying to have IP reservations based on port numbers of a device. I'm passing port numbers of my device through Option-82 and classifying my end users through client-classes.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 1:33 PM, Francis Dupont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Phoebe Lee writes:
> Wondering if there's a method of creating a reservation of a single IP
> based on client-classes instead of a pool.

=> I don't understand your question but in 1.4 you can guard a pool
with a client-class, i.e. only the client-class members can get an
address from the pool.

Re: [Kea-users] IP Reservation for Client-Class

Jason Guy
Hi Phoebe,

I considered the same idea for my lab, but I think it would require a hook to do it properly. I allocate my addresses statically in the hosts database, and I populate it with Ansible. I thought the flex-id hook would accomplish this, but I have not had a chance to explore this.

Jason

Phoebe Lee writes:
> Wondering if there's a method of creating a reservation of a single IP
> based on client-classes instead of a pool.

=> I don't understand your question but in 1.4 you can guard a pool
with a client-class, i.e. only the client-class members can get an
address from the pool.

Re: [Kea-users] IP Reservation for Client-Class

Flex-id should be a better (easier to use and scales) than one member
classes and associated pools.