[Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

[Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

Giso
Hi Folks,

i think it would be useful (at least for me) if some from ISC would
register the channel #isc-kea so we kea-user can join there.
Like the channel #isc-dhcp

Best and see you soon in IRC #isc-kea

--
Giso Kegel

Re: [Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

Klaus Steden

+1

IRC is a great way to discuss problems in realtime ...

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:04 AM Giso Kegel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Folks,

i think it would be useful (at least for me) if some from ISC would
register the channel #isc-kea so we kea-user can join there.
Like the channel #isc-dhcp

Best and see you soon in IRC #isc-kea

--
Giso Kegel

Re: [Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

Satish Patel
I was the only one there today with Giso :)

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 2:15 PM Klaus Steden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> IRC is a great way to discuss problems in realtime ...
>
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:04 AM Giso Kegel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> i think it would be useful (at least for me) if some from ISC would
>> register the channel #isc-kea so we kea-user can join there.
>> Like the channel #isc-dhcp
>>
>> Best and see you soon in IRC #isc-kea
>>
>> --
>> Giso Kegel

Re: [Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

Dajka Tamás
The idea is great, but I'm a bit skeptic if the ISC guys have time for this
kind of things... they did not have time to respond my develompent request
for 2 month...

wrote:

>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> i think it would be useful (at least for me) if some from ISC would
>> register the channel #isc-kea so we kea-user can join there.
>> Like the channel #isc-dhcp
>>
>> Best and see you soon in IRC #isc-kea
>>
>> --
>> Giso Kegel

Re: [Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

vicky risk
Administrator

On Mar 2, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Dajka Tamás <[hidden email]> wrote:

The idea is great, but I'm a bit skeptic if the ISC guys have time for this
kind of things... they did not have time to respond my develompent request
for 2 month…

Yeah, that is a factor. I am concerned about our ability to monitor another channel. It is a struggle just to monitor all our mailing lists, and twitter, issues coming in via email and github and gitlab, while we are trying to move forward on our day jobs (generally - developing, testing, fixing and releasing software, or providing support to customers).  With IRC, there is even more of an expectation that people are available and monitoring the conversation.  Adding another channel would by definition reduce the amount of attention we can pay to the existing channels.

wrote:

Hi Folks,

i think it would be useful (at least for me) if some from ISC would
register the channel #isc-kea so we kea-user can join there.
Like the channel #isc-dhcp

Best and see you soon in IRC #isc-kea

--
Giso Kegel

Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium

Re: [Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

Giso

Hi,

i totally understand that problem of an additional communication channel.

On the other hand I'm such a person who often struggle with documentation so i would love to have such a direct communication like in IRC
to clarify some misunderstandings.

Than let me write in the topic of that channel such thing

"no official support channel from ISC ... beloved kea users have fun to exchange your experiences and help each other"
maybe that can reduce the load on the mailing lists

And the most important thing is IRC is cool! ;-)

@Setish
thanks for the chat yesterday.

Best
Giso

wrote:

Hi Folks,

i think it would be useful (at least for me) if some from ISC would
register the channel #isc-kea so we kea-user can join there.
Like the channel #isc-dhcp

Best and see you soon in IRC #isc-kea

--
Giso Kegel

Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium

Giso Kegel

Systems Engineer
Internal Support & Services (IONOS Cloud)

1&1 IONOS SE | Greifswalder Str. 207 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
Phone:
E-Mail: [hidden email] | Web: www.ionos.de

Hauptsitz Montabaur, Amtsgericht Montabaur, HRB 24498

Vorstand: Dr. Christian Böing, Hüseyin Dogan, Dr. Martin Endreß, Hans-Henning Kettler, Matthias Steinberg, Achim Weiß
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Markus Kadelke

Member of United Internet

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder gesetzlich geschützte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Anderen als dem bestimmungsgemäßen Adressaten ist untersagt, diese E-Mail zu speichern, weiterzuleiten oder ihren Inhalt auf welche Weise auch immer zu verwenden.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that saving, distribution or use of the content of this e-mail in any way is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail.