[Kea-users] Installing Kea1.4.0 with Percona Galera MySQL backend

[Kea-users] Installing Kea1.4.0 with Percona Galera MySQL backend

Lawrence McBride

Hi,

I’m at the point that I’m using the kea ./configure script but I can’t seem to get it to recognise the Percona 5.7 Galera cluster MySQL DB on the server. I am using the following command and options:

./configure --prefix=/opt/kea --enable-shell --with-openssl  --with-mysql --with-log4cplus --with-boost-include=/opt/boost/include/

This completes the configure script but it informs me that the MySQL option is not configured:

MySQL:

  no

I have also tried the following:

./configure --prefix=/opt/kea --enable-shell --with-openssl  --with-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql_config_editor --with-log4cplus --with-boost-include=/opt/boost/include/

But this gives me errors:

mysql_config_editor: [ERROR] unknown option '--cflags'

mysql_config_editor: [ERROR] unknown option '--libs'

checking for MySQL headers and library... no

configure: error: Needs MySQL library

Can anyone help me to sort this out?

Lawrence McBride

Head of Voice and Data Networks

NHS Informatics Merseyside

Saturn House, Knowsley Business Park, Liverpool. L34 9GJ

t   0151 296 7668

m 07795 370190

[hidden email]

Say hello to us online at www.imerseyside.nhs.uk or follow us on twitter @nhsimerseyside

Exceptionalsize14

Advance Notification of absence:

17th of August to 6th of September 2018

Re: [Kea-users] Installing Kea1.4.0 with Percona Galera MySQL backend

Thomas Markwalder
Hi:

Try --with-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql_config

mysql_config and mysql_config_editor are not the same thing.  The former is a shell script, which is what configure needs.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering

On 07/09/2018 08:56 AM, McBride Lawrence wrote:

[...]

Hi Thomas,

For some reason Percona doesn’t install that – I have used grep and find but mysql_config is not installed on my system in any directory.

If I need it then I’ll have to look for a yum package from Percona that includes it and go from there.

Lawrence McBride

Head of Voice and Data Networks

NHS Informatics Merseyside

Saturn House, Knowsley Business Park, Liverpool. L34 9GJ

t   0151 296 7668

m 07795 370190

[hidden email]

Say hello to us online at www.imerseyside.nhs.uk or follow us on twitter @nhsimerseyside

Exceptionalsize14

Advance Notification of absence:

17th of August to 6th of September 2018

Re: [Kea-users] Installing Kea1.4.0 with Percona Galera MySQL backend

Thomas Markwalder
Per this link:

https://www.percona.com/forums/questions-discussions/percona-xtradb-cluster/11038-mysql-config-sysbench-percona-xtradb-cluster

It's in the development package.  You will need this for the db C libs anyway.

Thomas