[Kea-users] KEA DHCP multiple code options per subnet.

[Kea-users] KEA DHCP multiple code options per subnet.

Pizu
Hi,

Is it possible to configure multiple option codes per subnet?

In my case I am trying to use options 150, 51, 15, 67 on a specific subnet.

Regards,
David

Re: [Kea-users] KEA DHCP multiple code options per subnet.

Francis Dupont
Pizu writes:
> Is it possible to configure multiple option codes per subnet?

=> yes using option-data in the subnet scope as it is done in the
examples/kea4/multiple-options.json file you should find in the doc.

> In my case I am trying to use options 150, 51, 15, 67 on a specific subnet.

=> option 51 (dhcp-lease-time) is set by the server code so you should not
configure it. Option 150 is not a standard option so you have to define it
(option-def at the global scope) before using it.

PS: if you go to https://www.iana.org/assignments/bootp-dhcp-parameters/bootp-dhcp-parameters.xhtml
the option code 150 has 3 different definitions: this is why Kea does not
consider it as a standard option...
Note at a few exceptions an option must be requested by the client. There
is a flag "always-send" to force the server to send an option even when
the client does not request it.