[Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

Jordan Tinsley
Hello,

Is Kea Agent available for Centos 7 or do I need to be using Centos 8?

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

vicky risk
Administrator

On Aug 26, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Jordan Tinsley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Is Kea Agent available for Centos 7 or do I need to be using Centos 8?

With the release of Kea 1.8 today, we have also posted a new set of Kea packages at <a href="https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name:'^isc-kea$'" class="">https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name%3A%27%5Eisc-kea%24%27

These include both Centos 7 and Centos 8. Does that answer your question??

Vicky

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

Jordan Tinsley

Okay, I have a separate server instance setup with Stork Server working just fine.

I installed a new separate server instance with Stork agent (agent.env configured) on a Kea DHCP server and allowed ports 8080 through the firewall.  Do I need to install the stork Server as well on this Kea DHCP Server?  Stork Server says it cannot get state of the new Kea DHCP Server.

Thanks

With the release of Kea 1.8 today, we have also posted a new set of Kea packages at <a href="https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name:'^isc-kea$'" class="" moz-do-not-send="true">https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name%3A%27%5Eisc-kea%24%27

These include both Centos 7 and Centos 8. Does that answer your question??

Vicky

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

Marcin Siodelski
Hello,

There is no need to setup Stork server on this machine. Typically, there
is one instance of the Stork server connecting to the remote machines
via the Stork agents running on them.

You should have your stork-agent instance running on the same machine as
Kea. Typically the stork-agent is bound to port 8080. The Kea server
(Kea control agent) should be bound to some other port, typically 8000.

If the server cannot get the state from the agent I'd recommend starting
from examining the stork-agent logs to see if there is anything
indicating that the server managed to communicate with it and if the
agent logged any errors.

Marcin Siodelski
ISC

W dniu 26.08.2020 o 19:38, Jordan Tinsley pisze:

> Okay, I have a separate server instance setup with Stork Server working
> just fine.
>
> I installed a new separate server instance with Stork agent (agent.env
> configured) on a Kea DHCP server and allowed ports 8080 through the
> firewall.  Do I need to install the stork Server as well on this Kea
> DHCP Server?  Stork Server says it cannot get state of the new Kea DHCP
> Server.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 8/26/2020 12:00 PM, Victoria Risk wrote:
>>
>>> On Aug 26, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Jordan Tinsley <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is Kea Agent available for Centos 7 or do I need to be using Centos 8?
>>
>> With the release of Kea 1.8 today, we have also posted a new set of
>> Kea packages
>> at https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name%3A%27%5Eisc-kea%24%27
>> <https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name:'^isc-kea$'>
>>
>> These include both Centos 7 and Centos 8. Does that answer your question??
>>
>> Vicky

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

Chris Calbreath
I had to change 127.0.0.1 to the IP of my kea server in agent.conf to get it to get the status.

Chris

There is no need to setup Stork server on this machine. Typically, there
is one instance of the Stork server connecting to the remote machines
via the Stork agents running on them.

You should have your stork-agent instance running on the same machine as
Kea. Typically the stork-agent is bound to port 8080. The Kea server
(Kea control agent) should be bound to some other port, typically 8000.

If the server cannot get the state from the agent I'd recommend starting
from examining the stork-agent logs to see if there is anything
indicating that the server managed to communicate with it and if the
agent logged any errors.

Marcin Siodelski
ISC

W dniu 26.08.2020 o 19:38, Jordan Tinsley pisze:
> Okay, I have a separate server instance setup with Stork Server working
> just fine.
>
> I installed a new separate server instance with Stork agent (agent.env
> configured) on a Kea DHCP server and allowed ports 8080 through the
> firewall.  Do I need to install the stork Server as well on this Kea
> DHCP Server?  Stork Server says it cannot get state of the new Kea DHCP
> Server.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 8/26/2020 12:00 PM, Victoria Risk wrote:
>>
>>> On Aug 26, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Jordan Tinsley <[hidden email]
>>> <[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is Kea Agent available for Centos 7 or do I need to be using Centos 8?
>>
>> With the release of Kea 1.8 today, we have also posted a new set of
>> Kea packages
>> at https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name%3A%27%5Eisc-kea%24%27
>> <<a href="https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name:'^isc-kea$">https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name:'^isc-kea$'>
>>
>> These include both Centos 7 and Centos 8. Does that answer your question??
>>
>> Vicky

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

Jordan Tinsley

Hello Marcin,

The reason I ask is because the documentation online says for 2.2.4 Initial Setup of the Stork Agent  -

With those settings in place, the Stork Agent service can be enabled and started:

$ sudo systemctl enable isc-stork-server
$ sudo systemctl start isc-stork-server

<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name:'^isc-kea$'"><https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-8/packages/?q=name:'^isc-kea$'>

These include both Centos 7 and Centos 8. Does that answer your question??

Vicky

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

Marcin Siodelski
Ouch... it seems we have copy paste bug in our doc. It should rather be:

$ sudo systemctl enable isc-stork-agent
$ sudo systemctl start isc-stork-agent

Marcin

W dniu 26.08.2020 o 19:53, Jordan Tinsley pisze:

> Hello Marcin,
>
> The reason I ask is because the documentation online says for 2.2.4
> Initial Setup of the Stork Agent  -
>
> With those settings in place, the |Stork Agent| service can be enabled
> and started:
>
> $ sudo systemctl enable isc-stork-server
> $ sudo systemctl start isc-stork-server
>

> On 8/26/2020 12:49 PM, Marcin Siodelski wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> There is no need to setup Stork server on this machine. Typically, there
>> is one instance of the Stork server connecting to the remote machines
>> via the Stork agents running on them.
>>
>> You should have your stork-agent instance running on the same machine as
>> Kea. Typically the stork-agent is bound to port 8080. The Kea server
>> (Kea control agent) should be bound to some other port, typically 8000.
>>
>> If the server cannot get the state from the agent I'd recommend starting
>> from examining the stork-agent logs to see if there is anything
>> indicating that the server managed to communicate with it and if the
>> agent logged any errors.
>>
>> Marcin Siodelski
>> ISC
>>
>> W dniu 26.08.2020 o 19:38, Jordan Tinsley pisze:
>>> Okay, I have a separate server instance setup with Stork Server working
>>> just fine.
>>>
>>> I installed a new separate server instance with Stork agent (agent.env
>>> configured) on a Kea DHCP server and allowed ports 8080 through the
>>> firewall.  Do I need to install the stork Server as well on this Kea
>>> DHCP Server?  Stork Server says it cannot get state of the new Kea DHCP
>>> Server.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7

Jordan Tinsley
End user error on my part.  I was trying -

systemctl enable isc-kea-agent & systemctl start isc-kea-agent

We are good now.  Appreciate the help!

Thanks!

On 8/26/2020 1:46 PM, Marcin Siodelski wrote:

> Ouch... it seems we have copy paste bug in our doc. It should rather be:
>
> $ sudo systemctl enable isc-stork-agent
> $ sudo systemctl start isc-stork-agent
>
> Marcin
>
> W dniu 26.08.2020 o 19:53, Jordan Tinsley pisze:
>> Hello Marcin,
>>
>> The reason I ask is because the documentation online says for 2.2.4
>> Initial Setup of the Stork Agent  -
>>
>> With those settings in place, the |Stork Agent| service can be enabled
>> and started:
>>
>> $ sudo systemctl enable isc-stork-server
>> $ sudo systemctl start isc-stork-server
>>

>> On 8/26/2020 12:49 PM, Marcin Siodelski wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> There is no need to setup Stork server on this machine. Typically, there
>>> is one instance of the Stork server connecting to the remote machines
>>> via the Stork agents running on them.
>>>
>>> You should have your stork-agent instance running on the same machine as
>>> Kea. Typically the stork-agent is bound to port 8080. The Kea server
>>> (Kea control agent) should be bound to some other port, typically 8000.
>>>
>>> If the server cannot get the state from the agent I'd recommend starting
>>> from examining the stork-agent logs to see if there is anything
>>> indicating that the server managed to communicate with it and if the
>>> agent logged any errors.
>>>
>>> Marcin Siodelski
>>> ISC

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Agent Centos 7