[Kea-users] Kea Centos 7 Installation with Mysql Support

[Kea-users] Kea Centos 7 Installation with Mysql Support

Jordan Tinsley
Hello All,

I would like to install Kea 1.7.10 from repo on Centos 7 with MySQL
support, if possible.  I do NOT want to compile from source if at all
possible.

My goal, which I know may not be possible, is to install Kea from repo
with MySQL support.

Just as backup, I do have most of the Build Requirements installed if I
have to install from source.  Just looking to do this easier.

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Centos 7 Installation with Mysql Support

vicky risk
Administrator
Jordan,

On Aug 24, 2020, at 1:32 PM, Jordan Tinsley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello All,

I would like to install Kea 1.7.10 from repo on Centos 7 with MySQL support, if possible.  I do NOT want to compile from source if at all possible.

You can install Kea 1.7 from our package repository on Cloudsmith (https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-1-7/packages/). The package includes the hook for the MySQL backend integration. You do still have to install MySQL yourself however.

The 1.7 branch is a development branch and will not be maintained for production use. We are about to release Kea 1.8.0, our new stable branch, in the next couple of days. If you can wait a day or two, you would be better off installing Kea 1.8, which is intended for production use. We will issue maintenance releases as needed on the 1.8 branch, but will not add features that might break existing installations or introduce stability risks.

Regards,

Vicky

Victoria Risk
Product Manager