[Kea-users] Kea Startup Script

Jordan Tinsley

Hello,

Is there any way to get Kea to automatically start when a server reboots and any way to get the Kea to automatically start if it crashes?

I was going to try to write a script for when a server reboots as well as another script for when Kea crashes, but wanted to get input from others.

Thanks,

Jordan

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Startup Script

Tim St. Pierre
That depends on your operating system.  On FreeBSD, it includes the proper rc scripts to start and stop automatically.

We use Monit to alert and restart if the process dies.

Tim St. Pierre
Network Engineer
289-225-1220 x5101

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 09:05, Jordan Tinsley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Is there any way to get Kea to automatically start when a server reboots and any way to get the Kea to automatically start if it crashes?

I was going to try to write a script for when a server reboots as well as another script for when Kea crashes, but wanted to get input from others.

Thanks,

Jordan

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Startup Script

Jordan Tinsley

I am using Centos 7.  Speaking of which, did I overlook something…. Because the RPM I found is for the 1.0.0 version.

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Startup Script

Joelson Vendramin
Hi Jordan,

> ... to get Kea to automatically start when a server reboots

I simply put:
/usr/local/sbin/keactrl start
    and
/usr/local/sbin/keactrl stop
... inside /etc/rc.d/rc.local and /etc/rc.d/rc.local_shutdown, respectively.

I think this works regardless of *nix flavors.

> ... to get the Kea to automatically start if it crashes

I had never thought about that, but I'd try to build some bash script to monitor regularly (crontab) the output of 'ps' with some parameters that match kea process(es).

Joelson Vendramin

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Startup Script

Pietsch Michael

You can use systemd to start/stop the services and also automatically restart them if they crash. Systemd in most cases is available for recent linux systems (Debian/Ubuntu/RedHat..).

Here is an example for multiple kea instances on a single server: https://gist.github.com/Skywalker-11/4911124c99a39572ade4065743bd3a54

If you only use one instance of each kea service you can use: https://gist.github.com/Skywalker-11/29ab856ed3c88f0eadc6e833f32fa78a

With best regards

Michael Pietsch

I am using Centos 7.  Speaking of which, did I overlook something…. Because the RPM I found is for the 1.0.0 version.

smime.p7s (10K) Download Attachment

Re: [Kea-users] Kea Startup Script

Pavel Zhukov
"Jordan Tinsley" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to get Kea to automatically start when a server
> reboots and any way to get the Kea to automatically start if it
> crashes?
Hello,
you can try out kea-1.5-beta2 for centos7 from this repo:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/landgraf/kea_epel/
Feedback is welcomed! :)

--
Pavel