[Kea-users] [Kea Users] the renew-timer and rebind-timer problem

[Kea-users] [Kea Users] the renew-timer and rebind-timer problem

sonic3021
I'm looking for a solution so that kea doesn't send the renew-timter and
rebind-timers.
I comment the parameter in config json file but the server also send thease
options in default value
I find some printer can't process the dhcp packet contain the option 58 and
59
is someone have solution already ???
thank you in advance

btw i'm using kea 1.3

--
Sent from: http://kea-users.7364.n8.nabble.com/

Re: [Kea-users] [Kea Users] the renew-timer and rebind-timer problem

Francis Dupont
sonic3021 writes:
> I'm looking for a solution so that kea doesn't send the renew-timter and
> rebind-timers.
> I comment the parameter in config json file but the server also send thease
> options in default value
> I find some printer can't process the dhcp packet contain the option 58 and
> 59
> is someone have solution already ???

=> it is a funny problem because the code only add these options when
timers have a value in the subnet configuration, and this is an impossible
condition because timers have default global values which are inherited
by subnets where they are not specified...

Unfortunately I am afraid the only solution is to attach a piece of code
on the pkt4_send hook point which simply removes these options
(bool delOption(uint16_t type); which is a Pkt method is your friend)
from the response4 parameter... Should take between 10 and 20 lines.