[Kea-users] Kea documentation migrated to restructured text format

[Kea-users] Kea documentation migrated to restructured text format

vicky risk
Administrator
One project we have been working on as part of the Kea 1.6.0 release is migrating the User Guide (which we are now calling the Administrative Reference Manual) to Sphinx/restructured text format.

The Kea 1.6.0 beta2 docs are now building and hosted at https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.  I will also see if I can integrate them into kea.isc.org and will be updating links to the docs on the web site.

Note that in the bottom of the left nav panel at https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/, you can choose the format (.pdf or html) and software version. As we do subsequent releases you will see multiple software versions there.

It was more work than I anticipated to accomplish this, as the change required not only a bunch of manual markup fixes, but also changes to our build scripts and quite a bit of troubleshooting. Anyway, I hope you all find it to be an improvement to be able to access the documentation on-line at a well-known address.

Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium