[Kea-users] Kea server problem with MariaDB server

[Kea-users] Kea server problem with MariaDB server

Matija Turk
Hi all,

I've seen the problem I'm having described in thread "1.3.0 beta not working with mysql", but don't know how to reply to that thread.

I'm running Debian 8 and 9 and trying to setup Kea 1.2 and 1.3 to work with Mysql/Maria. These are my observations, and I am able to do further tests as necessary.

My config is working perfectly on Debian 9 with stock Kea 1.1 server and mysql and mariadb servers. I'm using both host reserveations and leases in mysql database.

Problem is only when I'm compiling 1.2 stable or 1.3 beta from source. Error is the same as in beforementioned thread:

ERROR [kea-dhcp4.alloc-engine/46030] ALLOC_ENGINE_V4_ALLOC_ERROR [hwtype=1 5c:35:3b:3f:2a:51],
cid=[ff:3b:3f:2a:51:5c:35:3b:3f:2a:51], tid=0x364694e5: error during attempt to allocate an IPv4 address:
unable to bind parameters for
<INSERT INTO lease4(address, hwaddr, client_id, valid_lifetime, expire, subnet_id, fqdn_fwd, fqdn_rev, hostname, state) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)>, reason:  (error code 0)

The way to fix the problem is to install mysql-client and mysql-client-dev library through package manager instead mariadb before compiling kea. When this is done everything work even connecting to Mariadb and Mysql.

My real issue is that on Debian 9 there is no mysql client library anymore, so it would be good to see why mariadb library is causing problems.

Also,

isc.lists.org gives NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Matija Turk

Re: [Kea-users] Kea server problem with MariaDB server

Bill Pye
Hi

I believe your missing package is now called default-mysqlclient-dev - it appears to have been renamed last year. Try that  and see if it fixes your problem.

Regards

Bill

Re: [Kea-users] Kea server problem with MariaDB server

Matija Turk
Great thanks!

Real package name is default-libmysqlclient-dev.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Bill Pye <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I believe your missing package is now called default-mysqlclient-dev - it appears to have been renamed last year. Try that  and see if it fixes your problem.

Regards

Bill

Re: [Kea-users] Kea server problem with MariaDB server

Bill Pye
Hi

I'm glad that works for you and sorry about the wrong name, I must have copied it incorrectly.  I'm not a debian user and I found that in another mailing list.

Regards

Bill