[Kea-users] Lease storage memfile disable

[Kea-users] Lease storage memfile disable

Marcin Romanowski
Hello,
In my small environment I have all hosts in reserved table. If there is no host it wouldn't get address.
Hosts from reservation get lease fo 24h an this lesae is stored in memfile for this time. Is it possible to turn off storing leases in kea?

Best Regards
Marcin

Re: [Kea-users] Lease storage memfile disable

Francis Dupont
Marcin Romanowski writes:
> In my small environment I have all hosts in reserved table. If there is no
> host it wouldn't get address.
> Hosts from reservation get lease fo 24h an this lesae is stored in memfile
> for this time. Is it possible to turn off storing leases in kea?

=> essentially the DHCP protocol is about assigning leases to clients so
Kea is just doing its job. If the lease file is really useless I suggest
to set the persist flag of the lease-database configuration to false:
this will make the lease database only in memory. Reference 8.2.2.1
Memfile - Basic Storage for Leases in the ARM (or 9.2.2.1 if you use
DHCPv6, the ARM is the Kea Administrator Reference Manual at
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ and the persist flag is the first
documented parameter).

sob., 26 wrz 2020, 11:29 użytkownik Francis Dupont <[hidden email]> napisał:
Marcin Romanowski writes:
> In my small environment I have all hosts in reserved table. If there is no
> host it wouldn't get address.
> Hosts from reservation get lease fo 24h an this lesae is stored in memfile
> for this time. Is it possible to turn off storing leases in kea?

=> essentially the DHCP protocol is about assigning leases to clients so
Kea is just doing its job. If the lease file is really useless I suggest
to set the persist flag of the lease-database configuration to false:
this will make the lease database only in memory. Reference 8.2.2.1
Memfile - Basic Storage for Leases in the ARM (or 9.2.2.1 if you use
DHCPv6, the ARM is the Kea Administrator Reference Manual at
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ and the persist flag is the first
documented parameter).

I was thinking about it. Please tell me, is the memfile erased when "config-set" is executed from api? If yes this will be enough for me