[Kea-users] Seffault Crash

Justin Bail

Over the weekend we had a segfault error that locked up the entire VM.

Background:

  • Mysql backend on separate server
  • ~300 leases total
  • 3 months of up time
  • ~4 host reservations
  • Using Flex ID to change client ID to option 82 identifier
  • Using DDNS to strip bad hostname characters
  • Sql connection wait timer set to 10000
  • Dhcp socket type set to udp
    • Was RAW when issue occurred.

Segfault error from journctl:

Feb 09 01:49:03 harpy kernel: kea-dhcp4[12641]: segfault at 10 ip 00007fabaad99918 sp 00007fff8ff4b690 error 4 in libkea-dhcp++.so.8.0.0[7fabaad39000+fc000]

Justin Bail
Systems Engineer
Office:  (812) 935-2429

[hidden email]  |  smithville.com

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.

Re: [Kea-users] Seffault Crash

Tomek Mrugalski
On 11.02.2019 15:43, Justin Bail wrote:
> Over the weekend we had a segfault error that locked up the entire VM.
I've very sorry to hear that.

Can go to https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/issues, click new
issue and select template bug_report and answer the questions there.

If you plan to attach anything you don't want to be publicly viewable,
make sure you the confidential checkbox.

> Background:
>
>   * Mysql backend on separate server
>   * ~300 leases total
>   * 3 months of up time
>   * ~4 host reservations
>   * Using Flex ID to change client ID to option 82 identifier
>   * Using DDNS to strip bad hostname characters
>   * Sql connection wait timer set to 10000
>   * Dhcp socket type set to udp
>       o Was RAW when issue occurred.
Thanks for sharing this information. That doesn't look like a
particularly stressful or complex configuration. When opening a bug
report, please also include the following crucial information:

- which kea version you used
- what OS (linux of bsd distro, which version)
- whether you compiled Kea from release tarball, got it from a package
or perhaps got source from git
- include your full config file (removing database passwords is
recommended).

This should be all covered by the bug_report template in gitlab.

> Segfault error from journctl:
>
> *Feb 09 01:49:03 harpy kernel: kea-dhcp4[12641]: segfault at 10 ip
> 00007fabaad99918 sp 00007fff8ff4b690 error 4 in
> libkea-dhcp++.so.8.0.0[7fabaad39000+fc000]*
Sadly, this information is useless if we don't have extra information.

Is there a core dump? If there is, please attach the core dump to the
bug report.

Thanks for reporting this issue,
Tomek Mrugalski
ISC