[Kea-users] Set independend DDNS TTL

Dominik Korittki
Hey,

currently we are searching for a possibility to set a custom TTL value
for DDNS entries in kea-dhcp-ddns-server. The default seems to be the
same value as the valid lease length. The admin guide doesn't seem to
cover this topic but we found the following reports, which are related
to this:

https://kea.isc.org/ticket/5235
https://kea.isc.org/ticket/3356
https://kea.isc.org/ticket/3299

As these reports are quite a bit old, is there anything new to know? If
not, is there any other way to set a TTL? Maybe through a hook?

Regards,
Dominik

Re: [Kea-users] Set independend DDNS TTL

Francis Dupont
Dominik Korittki writes:
> currently we are searching for a possibility to set a custom TTL value
> for DDNS entries in kea-dhcp-ddns-server. The default seems to be the
> same value as the valid lease length. The admin guide doesn't seem to
> cover this topic but we found the following reports, which are related
> to this:
>
> https://kea.isc.org/ticket/5235

=> this one is a ISC DHCP migration low priority ticket, i.e. ISC DHCP
has a feature which can be a good thing for Kea too. Mainly these
tickets are a list of ideas for future releases (if it was useful for
ISC DHCP users it should be useful for Kea users too...).

> https://kea.isc.org/ticket/3356

=> it is a bug report because the current code is not RFC compliant.
It is in outstanding task so it is registered but no action is scheduled.

> https://kea.isc.org/ticket/3299

=> closed (the bug described in it was fixed)

> As these reports are quite a bit old, is there anything new to know? If
> not, is there any other way to set a TTL? Maybe through a hook?

=> the DHCP DDNS server does not support hooks and I am afraid it is
more than hairy to do at the DHCP server (DDNS client).