[Kea-users] StateDirectory 'kea' already exists but the mode is different

[Kea-users] StateDirectory 'kea' already exists but the mode is different

Laura Smith
Hi,

Installed Kea 1.6.1 on Debian 10 via the Cloudsmith Repo.

I made a few basic edits to the default config file and now when I go to start I get the message :

"StateDirectory 'kea' already exists but the mode is different. (filesystem: 750 StateDirectoryMode: 755)"

Could someone explain the meaning of this ? I can't seem to find any match for the term "StateDirectory" in the docs ?  I can't imagine I'm missing something from my config as the config is 99% default, only changes are correcting pools, setting listen interface etc.

Thanks

Laura