[Kea-users] Subnet name or description

Ismael Suarez Maldonado
Hello

In Kea 1.6.2 how do I set a name or description to a subnet?

Thanks!

--

Ism

Re: [Kea-users] Subnet name or description

Francis Dupont
> In Kea 1.6.2 how do I set a name or description to a subnet?

=> use a comment or user-context comment entry. At the opposite of
#, // and /**/ comments, user contexts and comments (which are
syntactic sugar for comment entries in user contexts) are saved
in subject objects. This is true for a lot of other objects.

Re: [Kea-users] Subnet name or description

Klaus Steden

You can also use one of the many unused DHCP options for this. IIRC we used option 245 in our environment (clients ignore it by default, so it's really just for information purposes for humans).

cheers,
Klaus