[Kea-users] Two DHCP servers

Joe Botha
Hi

I'd like to test a new DHCP server on the same network as
an existing production server.

Is it possible to have two Kea servers on the same LAN,
where the one server will only manage a small number of
reservation (by MAC address), and the other server is
configured to not respond when it sees activity from that
same list of MAC addresses?

So for example, 10 MACs get managed by one server, all the
other MACs get managed by the other server. Each server
does not respond when the other server should be
responding.

Hope that makes sense.

--
Swimmingly,
 Joe

 www.swimgeek.com/blog  +27 82 562 6167  instagram.com/joe.swimgeek
        "...all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Re: [Kea-users] Two DHCP servers

Joe Botha
Hi

If I set up a server with reservation-mode = out-of-pool,
and I configure only reservations (no pools),
if this server sees DHCP requests from MACs without
reservations, will it keep quiet?

--
Swimmingly,
 Joe

 www.swimgeek.com/blog  +27 82 562 6167  instagram.com/joe.swimgeek
        "...all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Re: [Kea-users] Two DHCP servers

Bob Harold

--
Swimmingly,
 Joe

As long as the DHCP servers are set to NOT authoritative, they should not respond, as I understand it.

--
Bob Harold