[Kea-users] Ubuntu packages for kea 1.3.0

[Kea-users] Ubuntu packages for kea 1.3.0

E.C. Jacobs goossens
Hello,

Is there a ubuntu repository where I can download Kea 1.3.0 packages? Or if someone would like to share a small howto on how to build the ubuntu packages from source, that would also be very helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Hans

Re: [Kea-users] Ubuntu packages for kea 1.3.0

Owen Dunn
On Mon, 14 May 2018, Hans wrote:

> Is there a ubuntu repository where I can download Kea 1.3.0 packages? Or
> if someone would like to share a small howto on how to build the ubuntu
> packages from source, that would also be very helpfull.

I don't have a repository but my packages are at
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/osd1000/kea/

Owen

Re: [Kea-users] Ubuntu packages for kea 1.3.0

Zayer, Sebastian
Hello,

the HowTos can be found at
http://kea.isc.org/wiki/SystemNotesUbuntu1604 (Ubuntu 16.04)
http://kea.isc.org/wiki/SystemNotesUbuntu1710 (Ubuntu 17.10)

Kind regards
Sebastian

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: [Kea-users] Ubuntu packages for kea 1.3.0

E.C. Jacobs goossens
Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for your quick response.

The installation is not the problem, but the knowlegde of building ubuntu packages using the KEA sources is what is missing.

Kind regards
Hans

Klaus Steden

I've done this before, basically by re-using the existing packaging blobs from Ubuntu, but replacing the source tarballs, updating the checksums and version numbers, and then throwing pbuilder at the problem to basically spoof a new package using the older build info. I haven't formally transcribed the process, because it's a bit tweaky (e.g., some files are dropped from a package or added to it, etc.)

This probably isn't exactly what you're looking for, but this is the approach that I used, and I can probably post a transcript or Gist the next time I rebuild (I have to update to 1.4.0 at some point in the near future, so maybe this is the incentive I need).

cheers,
Klaus