[Kea-users] custom DUID

sothy shan
Hello,
I want to give custom DUID to identify client. so server can give IP addrress based custom value.

Custom DUD { type = unknow ,value= I will put 32 bits}

Can I extend KEA ISC DHCPv6  (open source) ?

Thanks

Best regards
Sothy

Re: [Kea-users] custom DUID

Francis Dupont
sothy shan writes:
> I want to give custom DUID to identify client. so server can give IP
> addrress based custom value.

=> I strongly suggest to use an enterprise (aka EN) DUID (RFC 3315 9.3).

> Custom DUID { type = unknown ,value= I will put 32 bits}

=> unknown (0) type could bug...

> Can I extend KEA ISC DHCPv6  (open source) ?

=> no need to extend something.

Re: [Kea-users] custom DUID

sothy shan

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Francis Dupont <[hidden email]> wrote:
sothy shan writes:
> I want to give custom DUID to identify client. so server can give IP
> addrress based custom value.

=> I strongly suggest to use an enterprise (aka EN) DUID (RFC 3315 9.3).

Thanks and I will check and inform you.

sothy shan writes:
> I want to give custom DUID to identify client. so server can give IP
> addrress based custom value.

=> I strongly suggest to use an enterprise (aka EN) DUID (RFC 3315 9.3).

Thanks and I will check and inform you.

we have one issue . we dont have entriprise-number. In this case, we can assign any number (>52275)?

sothy shan writes:
> we have one issue . we dont have entriprise-number. In this case, we can
> assign any number (>52275)?

=> three choices:
 - you pick a number at random (you just have to check if it is not assigned
  to an enterprise which can be used on your network).

 - you pick the number of your preferred enterprise (if it is no longer
  exist and was not in networking business it could help).

 - you get an official number for your enterprise (take time but is 100% safe
  forever)...

PS: ISC uses its enterprise-number but as far as I know not for DUID-ENs.