[Kea-users] custom options breaking things

[Kea-users] custom options breaking things

Jason Guy
Hi all,

I am seeing an issue with the custom options. I have defined these in the config, and generally they seem to work, but I am seeing in a few cases kea indicates the option is too big.

However I know the defined is a simple string:
        "option-data": [
           <snip>
            {
                "code": 239,
                "csv-format": true,
                "data": "http://monster-01.rdu.cumulusnetworks.com/ztp",
                "name": "cumulus-provision-url",
                "space": "dhcp4"
            },
          <snip>
        ],
        "option-def": [
            {
                "code": 239,
                "name": "cumulus-provision-url",
                "space": "dhcp4",
                "type": "string"
            },

Debugs are attached in the txt file, showing one device is getting option 239 properly, while the other is hitting the error. The DHCP option request list appears to be the same for both clients, so I am not entirely sure what is causing the issue for select clients.

I am working on upgrading to 1.4 or 1.5, but I would like to work around this issue in the meantime. I found commenting out the custom option definition does not fix the issue either.

Thanks,
Jason

Kea_dhcp_option239_issue.txt (20K) Download Attachment