[Kea-users] kea 1.5 cassandra 3.10 install

[Kea-users] kea 1.5 cassandra 3.10 install

ram tester
Hi,

I'm trying to get a setup running with the following specs,

centos 7.5
kea 1.5
cassandra 3.11

https://downloads.isc.org/isc/kea/1.5.0/doc/kea-guide.html#idm45914471238032

was able to install the required dependencies, packages as per kea installation guide. But stuck at the configure stage while trying to enable kea with cql support.

"configure: error: Needs Cassandra CQL library"

 ./configure --with-boost-include=/usr/include/boost169 --with-boost-lib-dir=/usr/lib64/boost169/ --with-cql=/root/kea-1.5.0/tools/cql_config_defines.sh

defines.sh points to the cpp-driver location.

Not sure if im missing any of the steps.

Thanks,

Ram

Re: [Kea-users] kea 1.5 cassandra 3.10 install

Dajka Tamás

Hi,

I faced the same issue, but downloaded the DataStax cpp-driver as mentioned in the guide. After downloading from source (https://github.com/datastax/cpp-driver/releases), I’ve built it, installed it, than the configure run ok for KEA.

However I cannot get it work with KEA 1.7.2 or latest L See my previous email (I’m still debugging why the GET_VERSION is running to timeout upon execution)

Building cpp-dirver:

cd SOURCE

mkdir build && cd build

ccmake ..

make && make install

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

              Tom

Re: [Kea-users] kea 1.5 cassandra 3.10 install

ram tester
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I did try building cpp-driver 2.14 and changed the script to point to "/root/cpp-driver-2.14.1" but still getting the same error. Does the build location of cpp-driver matter if its not within cassandra install location ?

checking HMAC functions returning ints... yes
checking sys/filio.h usability... no
checking sys/filio.h presence... no
checking for sys/filio.h... no
checking for Cassandra CQL headers and library... no

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 12:28 PM Dajka Tamás <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I faced the same issue, but downloaded the DataStax cpp-driver as mentioned in the guide. After downloading from source (https://github.com/datastax/cpp-driver/releases), I’ve built it, installed it, than the configure run ok for KEA.

However I cannot get it work with KEA 1.7.2 or latest L See my previous email (I’m still debugging why the GET_VERSION is running to timeout upon execution)

Building cpp-dirver:

cd SOURCE

mkdir build && cd build

ccmake ..

make && make install

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

              Tom

Re: [Kea-users] kea 1.5 cassandra 3.10 install

Dajka Tamás

Hi Ram,

Did you do ’make install’ after compiling the cpp-driver?

About the cassandra libs: there are multiple solutions. The hard way is to check configure script to see what libs are exactly missing and somehow install them for your system.

The easier and lazier way – which I’ve chosen :) – is to install Cassandra from package. Yes, a complete Cassandra install, but you disable auto-start, so just the libs are there. Since kea-admin relies on a working cqlsh for the initial db config/upgrade you’ll need it somehow.

Cheers,

              Tom

Re: [Kea-users] kea 1.5 cassandra 3.10 install

ram tester
Thanks much for the reply. Yeah i did "make install" after compilation. I was able to get it installed after changing to,

--with-cql=/root/kea-1.5.0/tools/cql_config

i was thinking about installing cassandra from package as the next step if this didn't work :-) Thanks again for your inputs

Thanks,
Ram