[Kea-users] kea API

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Kea-users] kea API

Munroe Sollog
Has there been any discussion about using GET instead of POST for the read-only (statistics) API?  I'm working on integrating our monitoring and metrics with kea, and it would have been very helpful to have a POST API and a GET API so I can limit access accordingly.

As it is I have to write an intermediary web service to allow statistics collection without allowing nagios/icinga/etc to 'shutdown' the server.

--
Munroe Sollog
Senior Network Engineer

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Kea-users] kea API

Klaus Steden

+1 to this request.

cheers,
Klaus

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Munroe Sollog <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has there been any discussion about using GET instead of POST for the read-only (statistics) API?  I'm working on integrating our monitoring and metrics with kea, and it would have been very helpful to have a POST API and a GET API so I can limit access accordingly.

As it is I have to write an intermediary web service to allow statistics collection without allowing nagios/icinga/etc to 'shutdown' the server.

--
Munroe Sollog
Senior Network Engineer

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users



_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Kea-users] kea API

Munroe Sollog
Did this ever make it into the roadmap?

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 4:24 PM Klaus Steden <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 to this request.

cheers,
Klaus

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Munroe Sollog <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has there been any discussion about using GET instead of POST for the read-only (statistics) API?  I'm working on integrating our monitoring and metrics with kea, and it would have been very helpful to have a POST API and a GET API so I can limit access accordingly.

As it is I have to write an intermediary web service to allow statistics collection without allowing nagios/icinga/etc to 'shutdown' the server.

--
Munroe Sollog
Senior Network Engineer

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users




--
Munroe Sollog
Senior Network Engineer

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Kea-users] Kea don't answer to BNG request

norujames
Hello
i use kea 1.4.0P1 with sample config but kea server seems not to answer
to Cisco BNG request.

* interface eth1 is on private address : 172.21.1.50/24
* giaddr ip address talk with kea is 192.168.11.254
* 192.168.11.254 is gw for pool configured on kea
*  i add static on kea to reach 192.168.11.254 and both can ping each
other (ccisco-bng ->kea and kea->cisco-bng)

Here is kea-dhcp4.conf
=============================
{
"Dhcp4": {
     "interfaces-config": {
         "interfaces": [ "eth1" ],
         "dhcp-socket-type": "udp"
     },
     "lease-database": {
         "type" : "mysql",
         "name" : "kea",
         "host" : "localhost",
         "port" : 3306,
         "user" : "kea",
         "password" : "kea"
     },
     "expired-leases-processing": {
         "reclaim-timer-wait-time": 10,
         "flush-reclaimed-timer-wait-time": 25,
         "hold-reclaimed-time": 3600,
         "max-reclaim-leases": 100,
         "max-reclaim-time": 250,
         "unwarned-reclaim-cycles": 5
     },
     "renew-timer": 1000,
     "rebind-timer": 2000,
     "valid-lifetime": 4000,

     "option-data": [
         {
           "name": "domain-name-servers",
           "data": "8.8.4.4, 8.8.8.8"
         },
         {
           "name": "domain-name",
           "data": "provider.com"
         }
     ],

     "subnet4": [
         {
             "subnet": "192.168.10.0/23",
             "pools": [
               {
                 "pool": "192.168.10.1 - 192.168.10.254",
                 "pool": "192.168.11.1 - 192.168.11.253",
               }
             ],
             "option-data": [
                 {
                     "name": "routers",
                     "data": "192.168.11.254"
                 }
             ]
         }
     ]

},
"Logging":
{
   "loggers": [
     {
         "name": "kea-dhcp4",
         "output_options": [
             {
                 "output": "/usr/local/var/log/kea-dhcp4.log",
                 "maxsize": 1048576

             }
         ],
         "severity": "INFO",

         "debuglevel": 0
     }
   ]
}
===========================
Here is tcpdump from kea server:
===========================
23:08:39.069597 IP (tos 0xc0, ttl 30, id 20985, offset 0, flags [none],
proto UDP (17), length 358)
     192.168.11.254.bootps > kea.bootps: [udp sum ok] BOOTP/DHCP,
Request from 64:d1:54:f6:75:18 (oui Unknown), length 330, xid
0xb7b94035, secs 9, Flags [Broadcast] (0x8000)
           Gateway-IP 192.168.11.254
           Client-Ethernet-Address 64:d1:54:f6:75:18 (oui Unknown)
           Vendor-rfc1048 Extensions
             Magic Cookie 0x63825363
             DHCP-Message Option 53, length 1: Discover
             Parameter-Request Option 55, length 8:
               Subnet-Mask, Classless-Static-Route, Default-Gateway,
Static-Route
               Domain-Name-Server, NTP, Option 138, Vendor-Option
             Hostname Option 12, length 16: "Mik-80A707E814DC"
             Client-ID Option 61, length 7: ether 64:d1:54:f6:75:18
             Agent-Information Option 82, length 47:
               Circuit-ID SubOption 1, length 29: OLT_1 eth 1/1/10/07/4/1/1
               Remote-ID SubOption 2, length 14: 466777/TH1/XXX
             END Option 255, length 0

23:08:43.432965 IP (tos 0xc0, ttl 30, id 20986, offset 0, flags [none],
proto UDP (17), length 358)
     192.168.11.254.bootps > kea.bootps: [udp sum ok] BOOTP/DHCP,
Request from 64:d1:54:f6:75:18 (oui Unknown), length 330, xid
0xb7b94035, secs 13, Flags [Broadcast] (0x8000)
           Gateway-IP 192.168.11.254
           Client-Ethernet-Address 64:d1:54:f6:75:18 (oui Unknown)
           Vendor-rfc1048 Extensions
             Magic Cookie 0x63825363
             DHCP-Message Option 53, length 1: Discover
             Parameter-Request Option 55, length 8:
               Subnet-Mask, Classless-Static-Route, Default-Gateway,
Static-Route
               Domain-Name-Server, NTP, Option 138, Vendor-Option
             Hostname Option 12, length 16: "Mik-80A707E814DC"
             Client-ID Option 61, length 7: ether 64:d1:54:f6:75:18
             Agent-Information Option 82, length 47:
               Circuit-ID SubOption 1, length 29: OLT_1 eth 1/1/10/07/4/1/1
               Remote-ID SubOption 2, length 14: 466777/TH1/XXX
             END Option 255, length 0
23:08:46.164968 IP (tos 0xc0, ttl 30, id 20987, offset 0, flags [none],
proto UDP (17), length 358)
     192.168.11.254.bootps > kea.bootps: [udp sum ok] BOOTP/DHCP,
Request from 64:d1:54:f6:75:18 (oui Unknown), length 330, xid
0xb7b94035, secs 16, Flags [none] (0x0000)
           Gateway-IP 192.168.11.254
           Client-Ethernet-Address 64:d1:54:f6:75:18 (oui Unknown)
           Vendor-rfc1048 Extensions
             Magic Cookie 0x63825363
             DHCP-Message Option 53, length 1: Discover
             Parameter-Request Option 55, length 8:
               Subnet-Mask, Classless-Static-Route, Default-Gateway,
Static-Route
               Domain-Name-Server, NTP, Option 138, Vendor-Option
             Hostname Option 12, length 16: "Mik-80A707E814DC"
             Client-ID Option 61, length 7: ether 64:d1:54:f6:75:18
             Agent-Information Option 82, length 47:
               Circuit-ID SubOption 1, length 29: OLT_1 eth 1/1/10/07/4/1/1
               Remote-ID SubOption 2, length 14: 466777/TH1/XXX
             END Option 255, length 0
etc...
===========================

Any idea why kea don't answer and provide ip address?

Thanks

Noruni
_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Kea-users] Kea don't answer to BNG request

Francis Dupont
Your config does not provide any information to localize the client
(or with other words to select the subnet). Please add a relay in the
subnet config and retry.

Regards

Francis Dupont <[hidden email]>
_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Kea-users] Kea don't answer to BNG request

norujames
hi Francis

That's great,

Merci

Noruni


Le 22/08/2018 à 11:56, Francis Dupont a écrit :
> Your config does not provide any information to localize the client
> (or with other words to select the subnet). Please add a relay in the
> subnet config and retry.
>
> Regards
>
> Francis Dupont <[hidden email]>

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users