[Kea-users] kea-dhcp-ddns question

Alexey Kasatikov
Hello, I'm trying to start using kea-dhcp in my little network and have a little question, actually two, to be honest. I will appreciate for any answers.

1. Seems like I can't use kea-dhcp-ddns to update my DNS entries in Route 53 (since Route 53 doesn't support any ddns). Is it possible to use external scripts with kea-dhcp-ddns as in-between solution?
2. How can I see any statistic about using ip addresses? At this moment I use mysql as a backend for leases and it's not very informative - ip address is stored as integer and  mac-address as binary. Seems like there will be a big update with new version of kea that will allow us to use additional API functions to collect such information. But maybe there is some trick I can use right now?

Thanks in advice :-)

--

Alexey Kasatikov

Engineer

Phone:<a href="tel:+7%20937%20794-75-09" value="+79377947509" target="_blank">+7 917 107-19-76

Cxense Logo

We're hiring!Join the Cxense team

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Cxense ASA or its subsidiaries. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Re: [Kea-users] kea-dhcp-ddns question

Francis Dupont
Alexey Kasatikov writes:
> 1. Seems like I can't use kea-dhcp-ddns to update my DNS entries in Route
> 53 (since Route 53 doesn't support any ddns). Is it possible to use
> external scripts with kea-dhcp-ddns as in-between solution?
> 2. How can I see any statistic about using ip addresses? At this moment I
> use mysql as a backend for leases and it's not very informative - ip
> address is stored as integer and  mac-address as binary. Seems like there
> will be a big update with new version of kea that will allow us to use
> additional API functions to collect such information. But maybe there is
> some trick I can use right now?

=> in both cases I am afraid you need a hook. BTW there was a hook calling
scripts announced in this list some days ago so perhaps you do not have
to write a line of C++ (*) code.

PS *: please note there is no requirement to write hooks in C++.

Re: [Kea-users] kea-dhcp-ddns question

Alexey Kasatikov
Thanks a lot! Will take a look at hooks