[Kea-users] kea dhcp4 libmysqlclient segfault

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Kea-users] kea dhcp4 libmysqlclient segfault

Juan Settecase - Interlink S.R.L.
Hi!
I'm having a problem with my kea-dhcp4 server(s) falling over regularly
with a segmentation fault (one , the line I'm seeing in the logs is this:

Jul 19 09:45:00 vmarm kernel: [2429068.963315] kea-dhcp4[5818]: segfault
at 451 ip 00007f1605d1614c sp 00007ffc59c8a030 error 4 in
libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0[7f1605ce3000+2b8000]

I've seen anothers mails lists with the same problem but no solution or
news.

This is the current kea-1.2 built on a Debian 8.7 (fully updated)
server. Mysql is on the same server. This is our first Kea DHCP Server
1.2 on Lab.

Has anyone else seen this? If there's any further debug logging you need
just let me know.

libmysqlclient18:amd64                 5.5.54-0+deb8u1
mysql-server-5.5                       5.5.54-0+deb8u1

Thanks in advanced

Juan
--

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Kea-users] kea dhcp4 libmysqlclient segfault

Marcin Siodelski
On 20.07.2017 19:47, Juan Settecase - Interlink S.R.L. wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm having a problem with my kea-dhcp4 server(s) falling over regularly
> with a segmentation fault (one , the line I'm seeing in the logs is this:
>
> Jul 19 09:45:00 vmarm kernel: [2429068.963315] kea-dhcp4[5818]: segfault
> at 451 ip 00007f1605d1614c sp 00007ffc59c8a030 error 4 in
> libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0[7f1605ce3000+2b8000]
>
> I've seen anothers mails lists with the same problem but no solution or
> news.
>
> This is the current kea-1.2 built on a Debian 8.7 (fully updated)
> server. Mysql is on the same server. This is our first Kea DHCP Server
> 1.2 on Lab.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? If there's any further debug logging you need
> just let me know.
>
> libmysqlclient18:amd64                 5.5.54-0+deb8u1
> mysql-server-5.5                       5.5.54-0+deb8u1
>
> Thanks in advanced
>
> Juan

Hi Juan,

Thanks for raising your issue. I can hardly tell what it can be without
additional information. Other issues around MySQL, recently brought to
our attention, were related to Kea's shutdown when it detects that the
connection to the MySQL server was broken. This is in fact not the issue
but the way it is currently intended to be.

Your problem seems to be related to something else. Perhaps some data
structures that Kea ships to MySQL are not quite right. Or, the MySQL
client is doing something wrong. A core dump would be useful, as well as
Kea debug log (severity DEBUG, debuglevel 99) to identify what was the
last thing that Kea was doing before the crash.

I think there might be additional data needed, but this is a start.

If sending sensitive data is a concern, you're free to send it directly
to me.

Marcin Siodelski
ISC

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Kea-users] kea dhcp4 libmysqlclient segfault

Marcin Siodelski
On 21.07.2017 18:01, Marcin Siodelski wrote:

> On 20.07.2017 19:47, Juan Settecase - Interlink S.R.L. wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm having a problem with my kea-dhcp4 server(s) falling over regularly
> > with a segmentation fault (one , the line I'm seeing in the logs is
> this:
> >
> > Jul 19 09:45:00 vmarm kernel: [2429068.963315] kea-dhcp4[5818]: segfault
> > at 451 ip 00007f1605d1614c sp 00007ffc59c8a030 error 4 in
> > libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0[7f1605ce3000+2b8000]
> >
> > I've seen anothers mails lists with the same problem but no solution or
> > news.
> >
> > This is the current kea-1.2 built on a Debian 8.7 (fully updated)
> > server. Mysql is on the same server. This is our first Kea DHCP Server
> > 1.2 on Lab.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this? If there's any further debug logging you need
> > just let me know.
> >
> > libmysqlclient18:amd64                 5.5.54-0+deb8u1
> > mysql-server-5.5                       5.5.54-0+deb8u1
> >
> > Thanks in advanced
> >
> > Juan
>
> Hi Juan,
>
> Thanks for raising your issue. I can hardly tell what it can be without
> additional information. Other issues around MySQL, recently brought to
> our attention, were related to Kea's shutdown when it detects that the
> connection to the MySQL server was broken. This is in fact not the issue
> but the way it is currently intended to be.
>
> Your problem seems to be related to something else. Perhaps some data
> structures that Kea ships to MySQL are not quite right. Or, the MySQL
> client is doing something wrong. A core dump would be useful, as well as
> Kea debug log (severity DEBUG, debuglevel 99) to identify what was the
> last thing that Kea was doing before the crash.
>
> I think there might be additional data needed, but this is a start.
>
> If sending sensitive data is a concern, you're free to send it directly
> to me.
>
> Marcin Siodelski
> ISC
>

What I rather meant is the stack trace from the crash rather than the
entire core dump.

Marcin

_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Kea-users] kea dhcp4 libmysqlclient segfault

palica
Hi, we have same problem. Mysql is on external server. During mysql backup, service mysql is stopped and after few secconds (10-15sec) is started again. Other servers working with this mysql server connect and works.

Only Kea server hangs with segfault error. I need to restart Kea process to have it working again.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Kea-users] kea dhcp4 libmysqlclient segfault

Thomas Markwalder
On 8/18/17 5:27 AM, palica wrote:

> Hi, we have same problem. Mysql is on external server. During mysql backup,
> service mysql is stopped and after few secconds (10-15sec) is started again.
> Other servers working with this mysql server connect and works.
>
> Only Kea server hangs with segfault error. I need to restart Kea process to
> have it working again.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://kea-users.7364.n8.nabble.com/Kea-users-kea-dhcp4-libmysqlclient-segfault-tp61p85.html
> Sent from the Kea Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Kea-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users

Hello Palica:

Can you provide a core file or backtrace?  Your issue may or may not be
the same as Juan's problem. His crash seems to be occurring during host
reservation look up.  Are you using MySQL to store host reservations?
The more information you can provide the better.  If any of it is
sensitive you can email it to me directly.

What the Kea should do, when DB connectivity loss is detected, is to
gracefully exit with an error.  We have connectivity recovery slated for
an upcoming release.


Regards,

Thomas Markwalder

ISC Software Engineering



_______________________________________________
Kea-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/kea-users
Loading...