[Kea-users] kea-packaging

Dirk Laurenz

Hi,

i found the kea-packaging repo and especially the Debian files there. I want to use them for building a kea dep package für Debian buster on armhf (Raspbian).

Is there any short tutorial how to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Dirk.

Re: [Kea-users] kea-packaging

vicky risk
Administrator

On Nov 16, 2020, at 1:18 PM, Dirk Laurenz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

i found the kea-packaging repo and especially the Debian files there. I want to use them for building a kea dep package für Debian buster on armhf (Raspbian).
Is there any short tutorial how to use it?

Dirk,

I did recently ask someone to test the repo from the perspective of a user who didn’t have an account on the repo.  One thing our instructions don’t explain is how to navigate in Cloudsmith. It is not obvious, but there is a cli tool for Cloudsmith that enables you to get help and docs and so on. See https://github.com/cloudsmith-io/cloudsmith-cli/blob/master/README.md for more information and a video demo of that tool.

If you have any suggestions for how to improve our instructions after you try it, I would welcome you to unicast them back and me. I can update the document.

Regards,

Vicky

Re: [Kea-users] kea-packaging

Tomek Mrugalski-2
On 16.11.2020 22:18, Dirk Laurenz wrote:
> i found the kea-packaging repo and especially the Debian files there. I
> want to use them for building a kea dep package für Debian buster on
> armhf (Raspbian).
>
> Is there any short tutorial how to use it?
Not really. Vicky pointed out a KB article, but it's more about how to
use the packages that are already built.

The kea-packaging repo contains the source files ISC uses to build
packages that are available on https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/

Those build both open source and premium code. They won't work out of
the box. However, I think cutting out the premium component should be
reasonably easy.

This repository is provided on best effort basis.

Tomek