[Kea-users] pd-pool and pool timers for DHCPv6

[Kea-users] pd-pool and pool timers for DHCPv6

Tim Howe
In an attempt to work around an interoperability problem with Juniper
DHCPv6-relay and Zyxel routers I am trying to configure different valid
lease times for the IA_NA and IA_PD.  Is there any way to configure
these independently?  I wasn't able to find an easy one...

--
Tim Howe           [hidden email]
Data Processing    541-389-8252

[Kea-users] Forensic log

norujames
Hello

I am interested about Kea forensic log which is not free (but cheap
regarding others solutions).
Someone has tested this function already ?

Thans for any answer.

Noruni

Re: [Kea-users] pd-pool and pool timers for DHCPv6

Tim Howe writes:
> In an attempt to work around an interoperability problem with Juniper
> DHCPv6-relay and Zyxel routers I am trying to configure different valid
> lease times for the IA_NA and IA_PD.  Is there any way to configure
> these independently?  I wasn't able to find an easy one...

=> unfortunately there is no direct way but if you can put the pd-pool
and the pool in different subnets the valid lifetime is per subnet
(exactly it can be defined on global, shared-network and subnet scopes).
If you can't you need to modify the code or simply adjust values in
a hook but IMHO this does not enter in the "easy one".

PS: different subnets is in fact IA_NA and IA_PD in different messages:
when both are in the same message this message is localized (i.e. a subnet
selected) atomically so both IAs are in the same subnet.