[Kea-users] puppet & ldap to mysql

Kristof Van Doorsselaere

Dear Kea User list,

I was planning to move from isc dhcpd to kea dhcp next summer, and have 2 questions:

  1. We are currently using openldap as a backend (mac addresses need to be registered in our company for wired access and are stored in openldap): I’m willing to move away from openldap to mysql, but I was wondering are there any known migration guides available for this?

  1. Is anyone using puppet to automate the kea configuration, can’t find an existing module on puppet forge

Thanks in Advance for your replies.

Kristof

Re: [Kea-users] puppet & ldap to mysql

Klaus Steden

Hi Kristof,

We don't use Puppet, but we do use Salt to manage our Kea configurations. Our usage is fairly tightly defined, however, as our scope definitions are generated by an in-house IPAM application, so all the Salt state really does is ensure the necessary software is in place and the configuration files are kept up to date.

Not sure what kind of info you're looking for, but in our case, because Salt supports data in YAML, we just generate subnet definitions in YAML and they merge automagically into the existing configuration.

cheers,
Klaus

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 2:43 AM Kristof Van Doorsselaere <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Kea User list,

I was planning to move from isc dhcpd to kea dhcp next summer, and have 2 questions:

  1. We are currently using openldap as a backend (mac addresses need to be registered in our company for wired access and are stored in openldap): I’m willing to move away from openldap to mysql, but I was wondering are there any known migration guides available for this?

  1. Is anyone using puppet to automate the kea configuration, can’t find an existing module on puppet forge

Thanks in Advance for your replies.

Kristof

Re: [Kea-users] puppet & ldap to mysql

Kristof Van Doorsselaere

Klaus,

I hoped someone developed a puppet module and wanted to share it, apparently not

>> Not sure what kind of info you're looking for, but in our case, because Salt supports data in YAML, we just generate subnet definitions in YAML and they merge automagically into the existing configuration.

That’s an option, I could use puppet to generate these yaml files, thanks for the info

Kristof Van Doorsselaere

From: Klaus Steden <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, 11 February 2019 at 08:01
To: Kristof Van Doorsselaere <[hidden email]>
Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Kea-users] puppet & ldap to mysql

[...]

2.      Is anyone using puppet to automate the kea configuration, can’t find an existing module on puppet forge