[Kea-users] split back end

l@e

[Kea-users] split back end

l@e
Hello
experimenting kea 1.6.0

is it possible to use split dhcp backends?

example:
Kea1 configured to multiple subnets and/or interfaces:

Subnet 1 (with dynamic pool) + host reservation in mysql (readonly mode)
Subnet 2 (dynamic pool) using class of devices (eg Voip phones)
Subnet 3 only with matched reservations in mysql

so basically the server to have its csv file for dynamic leases, and the reservation to read from mysql?

what happenes is we want to make this setup in HA mode (primary / backup)

should both kea servers point to one mysql or each one has it own and changes are made to both of them.

Re: [Kea-users] split back end

Francis Dupont
> is it possible to use split dhcp backends?

=> you can use a different backend for leases, host reservations and
since 1.6.0 configuration. You can't use two different backends for leases
but this does not seems to be your use case, does it?

For HA it is easier but not required to share the MySQL host reservation
backend. Of course if host reservations are different you get inconsistent
result (so the "easier").

Note if you try to share the lease backend even with an ACID database
you simply introduce unexpected races between the two servers so
incorrect behavior (host reservations are read-only for servers and
the new configuration backend was designed to support sharing: this
constraint is only for leases).