[Kea-users] using sql expression in client classification

[Kea-users] using sql expression in client classification

Alvin Chiu
Can I use sql expression in client classification?

Here is my scenario,
1、restrict specific client by searching mac address from mysql
2、do not use host reservation or do not bind ip & mac
3、deny all unknown client

So, using sql expression in client classification is a best way to do it, or could you provide any other method?

--
Best regards,
Alvin Chiu

Re: [Kea-users] using sql expression in client classification

Francis Dupont
Alvin Chiu writes:
> Can I use sql expression in client classification?

=> this requires a hook (as anything not depending on the query packet)

> So, using sql expression in client classification is a best way to do it,
> or could you provide any other method?

=> use client classification is usually the best way, now Kea classification
relies only on the query packet so if another parameter is needed
a hook is required (note it is a common case so there are already
some examples. Unfortunately the idea to join a contributed hook library
with Kea sources is still only an idea).

Re: [Kea-users] using sql expression in client classification

Tomek Mrugalski
On 18/07/17 13:57, Francis Dupont wrote:
> => use client classification is usually the best way, now Kea classification
> relies only on the query packet so if another parameter is needed
> a hook is required (note it is a common case so there are already
> some examples. Unfortunately the idea to join a contributed hook library
> with Kea sources is still only an idea).
The problem with accepting a hook code as contribution means that ISC
would have to spread its very limited engineering resources. So yes,
it's not out of question to accept such a patch, but in the mean time
we're maintaining a list of hooks that are available:

http://kea.isc.org/wiki/Hooks

If you are developed your own hooks, feel free to update the list.

Tomek